Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's about time...

I started this unfortunate blog way too long ago, and haven't posted anything. Until today! Not that I have anything to say today. Or time to say it. But here I am anyway.

I think you should know that I'm hunting and pecking. Like a 1st grader. Mmm hmm. That's because I'm nursing a baby right now, so I only have one hand free. Oh, the sacrifices we make as mothers.

Also, I permanently have songs from "Annie" in my head. Right now I'm listening to a self-repeating reel of "Let's go to the movies." My twin toddlers weren't behaving while I nursed the baby this morning, so I put on their favorite movie to distract them. Now it's naptime, and I'm paying for the free babysitting by being slowly tortured.

Not that I don't like that movie, I just can't ever get those songs out of my head! You ever have this happen? There are a handful of songs in my past that I've had stuck in my head for so long that I have to scream and change the radio station every time they start to play. Darn catchy tunes!

Anyone out there an aspiring photographer? I'm a wanna-be. I'm actually a wanna-be of lots of things. Awesome mom, cook, seamstress, housekeeper, gardener, photographer. I realize it's very sad that I'm a wanna-be awesome housekeeper. But it's true. I also want to be a CPA when I grow up, but since I have to wait 'till my kids grow up, that's a long way off.

I need to lose 20 pounds. I never thought I had a weight problem until I saw this shot posted by my friend yesterday. Holy magoly, look at those hips! It's funny how you never see yourself clearly until you're looking at a picture of yourself. That's how I am, anyway.

I'm still in maternity jeans. They are incredibly comfortable, when you're not pregnant. That's not a good thing.

I think I'll print this picture, and post it on my sugar container, as a reminder to refrain from making cookies. Mmm, cookies are so dang delicious. Only problem is that I don't want my girls to have too much sugar, so I eat almost the whole batch myself, every time I make them. Very naughty.

We won't talk about the unfortunate hair style I'm sporting these days. I'm growing it out. It's an awkward stage.

Okay, enough about that picture. I cut out my cute friends from the shot, just because they all look 10 times better than I do. So there.

Actually, that's probably enough out of me for now. I don't expect anyone to read this blog, but if you do, please leave a quick little comment so I know you did. Tell me what song gets stuck in your head! Then curse me for getting it stuck in your head, and I'll apologize. But maybe then I can switch out your song for mine, and get a break from

"Only happy endings, that's our recipe! Welcome to our lovely M-O-V-I-E!"

-Kryssy

P.S. What are they talking about, "only happy endings..."? The movie they're showing at Radio City is a depressing sob fest! False advertising, I say! Anyone else feel sorry for Annie, that this was her first exposure to cinema?

6 comments:

Amber said...

Yeah Kryssy! I'm so glad you started writing on your blog! You look great. I feel the same way about my weight-- there is always more to loose. The "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" song often gets stuck in my head because I recorded some episodes from tv at my parents house.

Christensen family said...

First off you look great I don't know what your talking about. I Have alot more to go then you. I am glad you started a blog I hope its ok I took a look I have one too. they are tones of fun. Your girls are cuties.
Jalyssa

ME said...

Hi Kryssy!! I loved your post...it was very happy and cute. :o) I thought the picture looked great too. I'm also very impressed that you wrote that much one-handed. Give the girls hugs for us...we miss you on CM so come hunt-and-peck over there when you have a free minute (ha ha!!).
Mary Ellen

The Nat Nat said...

I get songs from Into the Woods in my head all the time. Just this morning as I was going down the stairs I sang: "You're so nice. You're not good; you're not bad' you're just nice."

CreeksideMom said...

Hey I have a new blog. Allfor motherhood.blogspot.com

hansen said...

Thanks for the kind words! You have an adorable family!