Thursday, October 29, 2009

Blogging in this "World Wide of Web"

"Blogging: Never have so many had so much to say to so few."
-some T-shirt I saw one time

It's so true. There are thousands of blogs out there, and so many are never read by anyone, let alone by many. But it's really too bad, you know? I had a random experience this last week on that note. I explained it to one of my girlfriends in a comment on her blog, but I feel like reposting it here:

I left a comment on Pioneer Woman's cooking blog, which I hardly ever do. I happened to read the comment two above mine, which I rarely do, and it was from a lady who said she was 6 months past having triplets. Of course, I'm always impressed with anyone who can do that! I saw that her name was "clickable", so she had a blog, and I clicked her name. Another thing I rarely do. But I went over and started reading her entries, and lo and behold, she's LDS! So random! And I was uplifted by her attitude and enjoyed looking at some pics of her darling triplets. Anyway, point is, through some totally random acts I was connected to this other mother (who lives somewhere where it's 102 degrees, so prob Arizona or Texas), and was edified by what she had to say.

I also found Pioneer Woman by chance, after reading a micropreemie blog for some time. Maybe some day there will be a way to let us know which blogs are worth reading, and will be interesting to us, without relying on chance.

If there's already a way to do this, please let me know!

2 comments:

Erin said...

You should set up Google Reader. It allows you to "follow" any blogs or websites that you choose. Recently, they added an "Explore" feature that makes suggestions of other blogs that you might be interested in. So if Google, in all its wisdom, notices that you read a lot of blogs about premies written by LDS people (or people that mention "church" frequently), it will recommend other similar blogs.

Hope that helps!

The Pyne's said...

Sorry I have no idea!! I barely can get by with posting, adding a new background and all the other easy stuff. Most the time I'm computer illiterate! But yes, I too do occassionaly get onto strangers blogs and LOVE the things that are on their page, so GOOD luck with this task, let me know if you find out anything about it! =)